Announcement

I am very pleased to announce that I have accepted an offer of the post of Professor from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM).

My appointment will commence in July 2010 and I will be based at the Business Advanced Techology Centre (BATC), International Campus, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

It has been a very rewarding and productive two years with the Department of Quantity Surveying in the Kulliyyah of Architecture and Environmental Design, International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM).

Since 2008 I have been engaged in a number of important projects. Most notably these have included, the launch of the Journal of Quantity Surveying & Construction Business, and the organisation and hosting of three international conferences (QS Academia, Construction in the Muslim World and the 5th Joint Ventures in Construction conference in collaboration with Kyoto University, Japan).

In addition, I have enjoyed being involved in the on-going development of a new Masters programme in Quantity Surveying, and research projects under the Procurement and Project Delivery System Research Unit.

I would like to thank the Dean and all colleagues in the Kulliyyah for their help and support.

I would especially like to pay tribute to Professor Sr Dr Khairuddin Abdul Rashid for his leadership, encouragement and friendship. I hope we can continue some of our projects and collaborate in the future.

Last, but by no means least, I would like to wish all the best to the past and present students and graduates of IIUM. I have enjoyed teaching you, organizing your visits, (we always seemed to be going to JB and Singapore for some reason), and supervising your final year projects. I hope we will all keep in touch through Facebook! Thankyou and Salam.

4 comments:

zephyred said...

congrats sir on your latest career development! hope you gain more success & experiences in the future! good luck sir :)

Professor Dr. Chris Preece said...

Thankyou. I am looking forward to the new challenges. Regards.

krisen moodley said...

Well done Chris.

Professor Dr. Chris Preece said...

Thank you Kris

Related Posts with Thumbnails